Sunday 29 November 2015

Dance Like No One's Watching



The sky was an intense blue today.  The air was so refreshing it made me never want to go back inside.  I  played outside with my daughter like I was a child again myself.  We took turns on the slide, played on the swings, had snow fights and collapsed in the snow happy and laughing.  We laughed so hard and it felt SO GOOD!!  I have been too stressed to be present with her for too much of the time these days.  Too stressed to really truly play.  I make the effort always to try to play with her and give her my all, but it just not the same when something is weighing so heavy on the inside.  Lugging all of that heaviness around was taking all of the energy that I should have been spending on her and my husband. This week, there has been a lightness.  A return to easy smiles and laughter.  Rather than just getting through the day, I have been making the most of the day.  We are eating better, getting more fresh air, having more fun, exercising more.  We are living life.

Sometimes it's hard to see how dark it was until you walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment