Thursday 3 November 2016

To the end of indecision!

We have been planning on moving away.  Our decision was essentially made, but I was struggling with it so much.  I kept waffling.  I didn't understand why I had such a hard time to commit to either staying or going.  Neither felt good.  

So, we went to Nelson, which is where we planned to move.  The whole time we were there, we both agreed that we could live there.  It was beautiful.  It was laid-back.  It was everything I imagined and more.  So, we're doing it we decided. 

And then we came home.  We pulled up to our house and I felt such comfort.  I had a shower, looked out the window at our fire pit, the trees, the space around us and felt peace.  We drove out to the lake. The leaves are all gone from the trees and the lake view was incredible.  A mist over the lake made it look like an ocean.  It was so quiet and beautiful, I felt quiet and peaceful.  More peaceful than I had felt for our whole holiday.

I was up all night the second night out there.  I couldn't imagine another year of trepidation.  Another year of indecision.  I couldn't imagine selling our home and cottage until we had lived there and felt it was home.  

So we looked into options to move for a trial period, without selling anything here.  It was not do-able financially.  Not even close.  And then the decision was made.  Now is not the time.  There may be a time, but not now.  For now, our home is our home.  Our cottage is still our cottage and we can continue to form roots here.  I am so relieved.  I couldn't make the decision but when it was made for me, it was the right one.  I feel so in love with our life here.  I feel so grateful for the friends we have, for the business, for our home, our yard, our cottage.  I feel grateful for the view from our front window, for the trees and the space.  There is nothing like our neighbourhood in Nelson.  Nothing even close.  

Plus, we don't get bears in our yard.  Bonus.


No comments:

Post a Comment